Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by UK universities.Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those unable to study in the UK for financial and other reasons. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity.
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard; a lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases
- Be unable to afford to study your chosen course without this scholarship.