Part Time: Content Developer
July 02, 2019
1. Purpose of the contract
The contractor will work with PHS/DPS in developing website and social media content, blogs, newsletter and other publications for Pacific Open Learning Health Net (POLHN). In light of the growing number of website visitors, increasing POLHN activities and news, this contract aims to ensure delivery of up-to-date website content and news articles. In addition, the contractor will be responsible to collect workforce development related stories, lessons learnt and experiences.
The POLHN was created to deliver online learning and continuing professional development opportunities for geographically dispersed and remote health workers in the Pacific. POLHN partners with academic institutions, course providers, independent contractors and Ministries of Health to provide equal opportunity and greater access to a range of accredited and non-accredited learning activities both online and via e-learning for health workers across the Pacific.
The POLHN website plays a highly important role in its functionality. Due to POLHN’s recent engagement with other course providers, universities and partners, well organized, up-to-date and correct information on website is essential. It is also necessary for POLHN to maintain and improve its ranking on search engines.
POLHN requires a dedicated part- time junior editor to monitor continuing education trend in Pacific and adequately update website. Previously, news blogs were managed in-house, however due to the increase in website traffic, news related articles and social media hits, external expertise to manage day-to-day content is necessary.
3. Planned timelines
4. Work to be performed
Method(s) to carry out the activity
Remote work from the suppliers’ location with WordPress platform of POLHN(www.polhn.org)
In collaboration with the PHS/DPS, the contractor will be required to perform the below tasks:
- Publish at least five news article on weekly bases (in collaboration with appropriate technical support staff)
- Example: https://polhn.org/latest-news
- Success stories
- Publish at least two success stories in a month
- Example: https://polhn.org/success-stories
- Publish at least five POLHN students testimony conducted via survey/ online questionnaire;
- Collect and publish stories from other countries reacted health activities.
- Example: https://polhn.org/blog
- Course review
- Review language and literature of all POLHN course within the contractual period
- Collect relevant high quality photos related health activities;
- Assisting the POLHN technical and website management support team with the writing and editing of reports and other relevant material as required; and
- Resolve discrepancies highlighted via analytical reports provided by the website management team.
5. Technical supervision
- Qualifications required: master degree of medical, nursing or public health from a recognised university or educational institution
- Experience required: at least five years of developing, teaching and facilitating medical courses, previous wor experience in Pacific will be an advantage.
- Language requirements: High level of written and spoken English
The selected consultant will work under the supervision of:
7. Specific requirements
The following experience is required for this contract:
- At least 5 years of work experience language and linguistic, journalism, editing and report writing.
- Have strong communication skills and fluency in English, with excellent attention to detail. Knowledge of and experience with WHO activities in the Pacific, particularly relating to health education and editing experience is essential.
9. Location of assignment
Remote; work and communication to be conducted virtually from the contractor’s location
10. Timeline and duration of assignment
The duration for of the assignment is from 15 July 2019 to 15 December, 2019
|Report of activities and updates as listed above||15th of each month|
|Progress report based on monthly activities||15th of each month|
Deliverable(s) to be submitted during and after the period of the assignment including manner of delivery and payment
- Monthly instalments upon submission of progress report
12. Detailed cost breakdown
Listed Service = (80 hours/ month) X (submit your expected daily rate) = ___________
Miscellaneous (if any, specify) = ______________
TOTAL = _____________________
All clarification relating to this should be addressed to Mohammed Aruf Yasin at email@example.com.
Applications not meeting the mandatory requirements will not be shortlisted. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications close on 02 July, 2019.
Please use Tender Notice No as shown on UNGM website as subject to all submissions.