Applications for University of Fiji Sponsorship are now open, from 13 January to 9 February.
- You will be studying part-time through distance flexible learning;
- You are required to maintain a B average in all sponsored units; and
- The sponsorship will cover tuition fees only
Who is it for?
Pacific Open Learning Health Net sponsorship is available to regional registered nurses enrolling in English for Academic Purposes, Basic Computer Literacy, Bachelor of Nursing (Bridging), Master of Nursing (Thesis) and Master of Nursing (coursework) only.
- English for Academic Purposes; and
- Basic computer literacy
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for sponsorship, the applicant must:
- Be a citizens of either American Samoa, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, or Vanuatu;
- Hold at least a Diploma in Nursing from a recognised institution;
- Be nominated by the Ministry of Health and accepted by the university;
- Be a permanent and full time employee of the Ministry of Health;
- Be a registered nurse with a valid practice licence;
- Be a high achieving academic student
- Pass English for Academic Purposes and Basic Computer for beginners; and
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the program for which they are applying.
What to apply for?
All new applicants are required to apply for prerequisites. After the applicant has successfully completed the prerequisites, only then he/she can apply for the Bachelor of Nursing (Bridging), Master of Nursing (Thesis) and Master of Nursing (coursework).
When to apply?
Applications are open 3 times a year for trimester-based courses and 2 times in a year for semester-based courses. Subscribe to the POLHN newsletter for announcement of dates.
How to apply?
For new students
Applicant completes the POLHN application form and the University of Fiji application form.
Applicant submits forms along with the following relevant supporting documents, including:
- 1 A4 page typed pitch explaining about yourself and why POLHN should sponsor you;
- Birth certificate;
- Certified copy of your passport;
- Marriage certificate (where applicable for a change of name);
- Certified copies of tertiary qualification results (if applicable);
- Certified copy of your practice certificate;
- Secondary school qualification results; and
- Two passport size photos.
For continuing students
- Applicant should complete the POLHN sponsorship application form (each semester/ trimester)
- Applicant should email scanned application to email@example.com , CC. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only applicants with B and above will be sponsored
- UniFiji will vet applications based on their academics, the 1 page pitch (new applicant only), and their ability to meet the sponsorship criteria
- UniFiji will send the truly vetted list to the POLHN Secretariat Office
- POLHN will send the truly vetted lists to the Ministry of Health, the POLHN focal point and WHO country office for endorsement at the national level
- POLHN will compile Ministry of Health endorsed applicant list
- Those who successfully receive Ministry of Health endorsement will be sponsored
NB: Missing information or supporting documents will not be followed up on due to the number of applications we receive. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all relevant information is submitted. If information is not supplied by the closing date, this will mean that your application is incomplete and will be ineligible for consideration. Multiple applications can be made, but only the most recent application will be considered.
Applications close 9 February 2018 at 11:59 PM