12th Biennial Conference of the Global Network of WHO Collaborating Centres for Nursing and Midwifery, 17-20 July 2018, Cairns, Australia
** EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION CLOSING SOON**
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
We are delighted to invite you to join us for the 12th Biennial Conference and Meetings. This important event brings together representatives from 44 WHO Collaborating Centres for Nursing and Midwifery across the six WHO global regions, including a range of health professionals and students from around the world.
Participation in this important event provides many opportunities for knowledge exchange, deliberation and debate regarding priorities for the global network and its work plans for the future. Universal Health Coverage is a critical issue for the next decade and high on the WHO global agenda. The Global Network of WHO Collaborating Centres for Nursing and Midwifery can and will play a major role in realising the global agenda to ensure SDG 3 can be achieved for all. In this rapidly changing global world, nurturing successful relationships and sharing information and resources with each other will help us all work towards a common goal of ‘Universal Health Coverage: Sustainable Development Goals are Everyone’s Business’. This conference offers strategic networking opportunities to meet leaders in the field, renew existing relationships and forge new ones, for mutual benefit. The event will provide a stimulating, culturally diverse and contemporary program.
The conference program will include consideration of:
- The SDGs and implications for nursing, midwifery and health development
- The critical linkages and enablers between SDG 3 (Health) and other SDGs, including gender equality, climate action, water and sanitation and education
- Barriers and facilitators to achievement of universal health care
- Challenges, opportunities and priorities for strengthening health systems through the nursing and midwifery workforces
- Global, regional and local leadership challenges for nursing and midwifery.
The team from the WHO Collaborating Centre for Nursing and Midwifery Education and Research Capacity Building are hosting the conference and associated meetings, with support from the Secretariat for the Global Network of WHO Collaborating Centres, and are committed to making this global network forum a highly successful event.
We look forward to seeing you in Cairns in July 2018.