Global Launch of Nursing Now
Published on: 27 Feb, 2018
Nurses and midwives make up half of the world’s health workforce, and are essential part of achieving universal health coverage. So, on 28 February a new campaign called Nursing Now, is being launched, aiming to improve the profile and status of nurses across the globe.
The purpose of Nursing Now is to empower and support nurses worldwide to meet the health challenges of the twenty-first century. This campaign is a programme of the Burdett Trust for Nursing, run in collaboration with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the International Council of Nurses.
The campaign focuses on five key areas:
- ensuring that nurses and midwives have a more prominent voice in health policy-making;
- encouraging greater investment in the nursing workforce;
- recruiting more nurses into leadership positions;
- conducting research that helps determine where nurses can have the greatest impact; and
- sharing of best nursing practices.
On 28 February, at 1:00 AM Fiji time (2:00 PM Central European time), the campaign will be officially launched. WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge of the United Kingdom and Her Royal Highness Princess Muna Al-Hussein of Jordan are among the attendees.
Don’t miss out on this event! You can join the live stream by watching it on the Nursing Now website here.